to "OFF- Line MUF"
Evaluation of Coagulation Factors and Platelet Function
from an "OFF-Line MUF" Techique
SCA Poster: Drastic Coagulation Improvements After Cardiac Surgery Without the Use of Blood Products
The Hemobag and Patient Blood Management Hemobag Testimonial Video (SABM)
Hemobag®-Related Video Presentations (from Perfusion.Com)
Video Presentation AmSECT New Advances in Blood Management, Jackson Hole, WY
Video Presentations AmSECT 48th International Conference; Reno, NV
- Shaw, R. E., Johnson, C. K., Ferrari, G., Brizzio, M. E., Sayles, K., Rioux, N., Zapolanski, A. and Grau, J. B. (2013), Blood transfusion in cardiac surgery does increase the risk of 5-year mortality: results from a contemporary series of 1714 propensity-matched patients. Transfusion. doi: 10.1111/trf.12364
- Aryeh Shander, Gross I, Hill S, Mazyar Javidroozi, Sledge S A new perspective on best transfusion practices blood transfusion. 2013. DOI 10.2450/2012.0195-12
- Jeffrey L. Carson, MD; Brenda J. Grossman, et. al Red Blood Cell Transfusion: A Clinical Practice Guideline From the AABB. Ann Intern Med. 26 March 2012.
- Kruer RM, Ensor CR. Colloids in the intensive care unit. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2012 Oct 1;69(19):1635-42.
- Torina AG, Silveira-Filho LM, Vilarinho KA, Eghtesady P, Oliveira PP, Sposito AC, Petrucci O Use of modified ultrafiltration in adults undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting is associated with inflammatory modulation and less postoperative blood loss: a randomized and controlled study. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012 Sep;144(3):663-70. doi: 10.1016/j.jtcvs.2012.04.012. Epub 2012 May 9.
- Harm S, Waters J, Lynn P, Dyga R, Raval J, DiMarco R, Yazer M Changes in Mechanical Fragility and Free Hemoglobin Levels after Processing Salvaged Cardiopulmonary Bypass Circuit Blood with a Modified Ultrafiltration Device. JECT. 2012;44:21–25
- Carson J, Grossman B, Kleinman S, et al. Red Blood Cell Transfusion: A Clinical Practice Guideline From the AABB. Annals.org MARCH 2012.
- Carson J, et al (the FOCUS investigators). Restrictive blood transfusion was fine for high-CV-risk patients after hip fracture repair (RCT, NEJM). N Engl J Med ePub December 14, 2011.
- Victor F, Daniel D, Sibu S, Peter A, Joseph Z. Surgical Outcomes and Transfusion of Minimal Amounts of Blood in the Operating Room. ARCH SURG/VOL 147 (NO. 1), JAN 2012. [ PDF version]
- Delaney E, Rosinski D, Ellis H, Samolyk KA, Riley JB. An In-Vitro Comparison between Hemobag® and Non-Hemobag® Ultrafiltration Methods of Salvaging Circuit Blood Following Cardiopulmonary Bypass JECT 2010;42:128-133.
- Samolyk KA. State of the art blood management in cardiac surgery.Outcomes 2008: Key West Meeting May 21st-24th, 2008, Barbados, WI
- Samolyk KA. State-of-the-art blood management in cardiac surgery. Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2009 Jun;13(2):118-21.
- Fox J, Brown A, Vigil R. Bloodless surgery and patient safety issues. Perioperative Nursing Clinics 2008 Dec; 3(4):345-54.
- Riley JB, Samolyk KA. On-line autotransfusion waste calculator. JECT 2008;40:68-73.
- Beckmann SR, Carlile D, RC, Burrell M, Winkler T, Shely WW. Improved coagulation and blood conservation in the golden hours after cardiopulmonary bypass. JECT 2007;39:103-8.
- Moskowitz, DM, Klein JJ, Shander A, Perelman SI, McMurtry KA, Cousineau KM, Ergin MA. Use of the Hemobag® for modified ultrafiltration in a Jehovah's Witness patient undergoing cardiac surgery. JECT 2006;38:265-70.
- Cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)
- ECMO support techniques (ECMO)
- Ventricular assist device procedures
- Liver transplantation/bypass
- Isolated limb perfusions
- Heparinized cardiotomy reservoirs
- Jehovah’s Witness patients
We are also pleased to offer a selection of current literature and related resources on another section of the website.
Ask your perfusionist about getting the Hemobag®
Great video on hemostasis and coagulation