"The Hemobag is able to avoid those precarious 1 & 2 unit blood product transfusions and extend the transfusion trigger" -Bill Shely MD, Cardiac Surgeon
- The association of perioperative red blood cell transfusions and decreased long-term survival after cardiac surgery.
- Intraoperative transfusion of 1 U to 2 U packed red blood cells is associated with increased 30-day mortality, surgical-site infection, pneumonia, and sepsis in general surgery patients.
- Intraoperative transfusion of small amounts of blood heralds worse postoperative outcome in patients having noncardiac thoracic operations
Superior autologous whole blood end product compared to cell washed RBC volume!
- Ultrafiltration reduces blood transfusions following cardiac surgery: A meta-analysis.
- 2011 Update to The Society of Thoracic Surgeons and the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Blood Conservation Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Impact of cell salvage during cardiac surgery on the thrombelastomeric coagulation profile: a pilot study.
Simplified Clinical Process
Easy and efficient to use with proven results and outcomes.
Reduction in blood component use results in reduced costs for everyone involved.
Global Blood Resources
Global Blood Resources is a cardiovascular surgery product and technology company focused on optimizing a patient’s coagulation and hematologic profile by maximizing the use of Ultrafiltration technology with its Hemobag® and TS3 tubing set products.
The Hemobag® concept and technology are a complete and reproducible process of managing the patient’s own blood in the cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) circuit both during and after CPB use. After the termination of CPB not only are the patient’s red blood cells concentrated, but equally as important and generally not attainable in other currently available technologies, is that the patient’s plasma components are both saved and concentrated. These components include platelets, clotting factors and plasma proteins essential to the stability, coagulation and homeostasis of the surgical patient, at the right time while keeping the ECC still primed to emergently go back on.
The results of using this concept and technology are immediate dramatic improvements in post CPB coagulation profile and CBC tests, with solid evidence-based medical benefits, as well as economic benefits (cost savings) to the patient, hospital and healthcare system.
“The Hemobag® is able to avoid those precarious 1 & 2 unit unnecessary blood product transfusions by saving all the autologous Platelets, Clotting Factors and Plasma Proteins ”