The Hemobag® can be used for many procedures, including:
- Cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)
- ECMO support techniques (ECMO)
- Ventricular assist device procedures (VADS)
- Liver transplantation/bypass
- Isolated Limb Perfusions (ILP)
- Heparinized cardiotomy reservoirs (when you have too much volume)
- Circulatory Arrest cases ( when you have too much volume)
- Jehovah’s Witness patients (JW's)
- Moskowitz, DM, Klein JJ, Shander A, Perelman SI, McMurtry KA, Cousineau KM, Ergin MA. Use of the Hemobag® for modified ultrafiltration in a Jehovah’s Witness patient undergoing cardiac surgery. JECT 2006;38:265–70.
- Blood conservation and cardiac surgery with the novel use of the Hemobag® evice in two Jehovah's Witness patients
The Hemobag® lets you double the use of any hemoconcentrator, allowing it to be used both during a procedure and/or after the procedure to salvage autologous blood in the same or different circuit.