to "OFF- Line MUF"
Evaluation of Coagulation Factors and Platelet Function
from an "OFF-Line MUF" Techique
SCA Poster: Drastic Coagulation Improvements After Cardiac Surgery Without the Use of Blood Products
The Hemobag and Patient Blood Management Hemobag Testimonial Video (SABM)
Hemobag®-Related Video Presentations (from Perfusion.Com)
Video Presentation AmSECT New Advances in Blood Management, Jackson Hole, WY
Video Presentations AmSECT 48th International Conference; Reno, NV
- Erick D. McNair, CCP, PhD, William P. McKay, MD, Prosanta K. Mondal, PhD, and Rhonda D. T. Bryce, MD, Transfusion Use and Hemoglobin Levels by Blood Conservation Method After Cardiopulmonary Bypass. Transfusion. doi: 10.1016/j.athoracsur.2020.03.029. Epub 2020 Apr 11.
- Shaw, R. E., Johnson, C. K., Ferrari, G., Brizzio, M. E., Sayles, K., Rioux, N., Zapolanski, A. and Grau, J. B. (2013), Blood transfusion in cardiac surgery does increase the risk of 5-year mortality: results from a contemporary series of 1714 propensity-matched patients. Transfusion. doi: 10.1111/trf.12364
- Aryeh Shander, Gross I, Hill S, Mazyar Javidroozi, Sledge S A new perspective on best transfusion practices blood transfusion. 2013. DOI 10.2450/2012.0195-12
- Jeffrey L. Carson, MD; Brenda J. Grossman, et. al Red Blood Cell Transfusion: A Clinical Practice Guideline From the AABB. Ann Intern Med. 26 March 2012.
- Kruer RM, Ensor CR. Colloids in the intensive care unit. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2012 Oct 1;69(19):1635-42.
- Torina AG, Silveira-Filho LM, Vilarinho KA, Eghtesady P, Oliveira PP, Sposito AC, Petrucci O Use of modified ultrafiltration in adults undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting is associated with inflammatory modulation and less postoperative blood loss: a randomized and controlled study. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012 Sep;144(3):663-70. doi: 10.1016/j.jtcvs.2012.04.012. Epub 2012 May 9.
- AABB Clinical Practice Guideline on Red Cell Transfusion Published in Annals of Internal Medicine AABB.org March 27, 2012
- Harm S, Waters J, Lynn P, Dyga R, Raval J, DiMarco R, Yazer M Changes in Mechanical Fragility and Free Hemoglobin Levels after Processing Salvaged Cardiopulmonary Bypass Circuit Blood with a Modified Ultrafiltration Device. JECT. 2012;44:21–25
- Carson J, Grossman B, Kleinman S, et al. Red Blood Cell Transfusion: A Clinical Practice Guideline From the AABB. Annals.org MARCH 2012.
- Carson J, et al (the FOCUS investigators). Restrictive blood transfusion was fine for high-CV-risk patients after hip fracture repair (RCT, NEJM). N Engl J Med ePub December 14, 2011.
- Victor F, Daniel D, Sibu S, Peter A, Joseph Z. Surgical Outcomes and Transfusion of Minimal Amounts of Blood in the Operating Room. ARCH SURG/VOL 147 (NO. 1), JAN 2012. [ PDF version]
- Delaney E, Rosinski D, Ellis H, Samolyk KA, Riley JB. An In-Vitro Comparison between Hemobag® and Non-Hemobag® Ultrafiltration Methods of Salvaging Circuit Blood Following Cardiopulmonary Bypass JECT 2010;42:128-133.
- Samolyk KA. State of the art blood management in cardiac surgery.Outcomes 2008: Key West Meeting May 21st-24th, 2008, Barbados, WI
- Samolyk KA. State-of-the-art blood management in cardiac surgery. Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2009 Jun;13(2):118-21.
- Fox J, Brown A, Vigil R. Bloodless surgery and patient safety issues. Perioperative Nursing Clinics 2008 Dec; 3(4):345-54.
- Riley JB, Samolyk KA. On-line autotransfusion waste calculator. JECT 2008;40:68-73.
- Beckmann SR, Carlile D, RC, Burrell M, Winkler T, Shely WW. Improved coagulation and blood conservation in the golden hours after cardiopulmonary bypass. JECT 2007;39:103-8.
- Moskowitz, DM, Klein JJ, Shander A, Perelman SI, McMurtry KA, Cousineau KM, Ergin MA. Use of the Hemobag® for modified ultrafiltration in a Jehovah's Witness patient undergoing cardiac surgery. JECT 2006;38:265-70.
- Cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)
- ECMO support techniques (ECMO)
- Ventricular assist device procedures
- Liver transplantation/bypass
- Isolated limb perfusions
- Heparinized cardiotomy reservoirs
- Jehovah’s Witness patients
We are also pleased to offer a selection of current literature and related resources on another section of the website.
Ask your perfusionist about getting the Hemobag®
Great video on hemostasis and coagulation